Thornburgh Lawyers regularly provide advice to both employers and employees about the nature and effect of the interpretation of registered and unregistered collective agreements, legislation, and regulations.
Our lawyers can assist you with:
- Developing and implementing an industrial relations strategy that best suits your business;
- Negotiating and developing workplace agreements, including common law agreements and enterprise agreement;
- Award and agreement interpretation;
- Resolution of the full spectrum of industrial and employment disputes including the conduct of formal dispute resolution proceedings;
- Workplace incident investigation, internal complaint handling and dispute mediation;
- Management of issues arising out of occupational health and safety legislation including incident containment, management and defence of prosecutions;
- Management of people issues arising out of operational change and business restructuring;
- Compliance with anti-discrimination laws and management of complaints, including the conduct of formal proceedings alleging breach of discrimination laws.
- Compliance with laws for the prevention of workplace bullying and sexual harassment and privacy laws.
We have experience in defending and prosecuting work related claims such as:
- Unfair dismissal
- Common law claims
- Contractor and unfair contracts disputes
- Drafting employment contracts, contractor and consulting agreements, labour hire agreements, agency agreements and non-competition arrangements.
- Assisting in developing employment risk audits and management of workplace issues.
- Advice on the interpretation of contract provisions, awards, restraint provisions, misuse of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Negotiating and drafting individual and collective enterprise agreements.